Panasonic's On-Site Service reduces downtime and increases productivity by performing in-warranty service on Toughbook® computers and Toughpad® tablets at your users' work locations. Panasonic-approved service partners provide service to corporate and government office workers, field service technicians, law enforcement personnel and other mobile professionals. The on-site response time in the top 50 major metropolitan areas in the United States is the next business day, Monday through Friday. Locations more than 50 miles outside the top 50 major metropolitan markets may require a slightly longer response time. On-Site Service is available in the United States and selected global areas.
- Increase user productivity by repairing Toughbook/Toughpad computers at users' work locations
- Reduce mobile support burden on your organization's IT resources
- Manage your organization's IT budget more effectively
- Reduce data security issues with on-site repairs performed by technicians with the appropriate security clearances
Major Metropolitan Areas
The top 50 major metropolitan areas in the United States are shown on the map below. A service technician will arrive on-site the next business day in the top 50 metropolitan areas. Markets more than 50 miles outside of major areas may require a slightly longer response time.
Locations of Service Providers
Panasonic-approved On-Site Service technicians are available in 250 locations across the United States. These locations are shown on the map below.
On-Site Service is initiated when your users call the Panasonic Technical Support hotline. Our representative will dispatch a service technician to arrive on-site the next business day to all 50 major metropolitan markets in the United States. Markets more than 50 miles outside of major market areas may require a slightly longer response time. The On-Site Service of equipment is available from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, local time, excluding federal holidays and/or other holidays observed by your organization.
The service will be performed by a certified technician from a Panasonic-approved service partner. Panasonic-manufactured parts or Panasonic-approved equivalents will be used in the repair of the Toughbook computer.
- Your organization's user initiates an On-Site Service request by calling the Panasonic Technical Support hotline at 1.800.LAPTOP5, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- A Panasonic representative will work with your user to determine coverage and the source of the problem. If it is determined that On-Site Service is needed, our representative will request the following information:
- Unit model and serial number
- Date of failure
- Description of problem
- Once a hardware failure is verified, the Panasonic representative will provide an RMA number to your user to initiate On-Site Service.
- Your organization's user will be contacted by a technician to arrange a suitable meeting place and arrival time for the repair.
- It is the user's responsibility to provide the On-Site Service technician with access to the unit. Additionally, it may be necessary to ship parts directly to your organization's user at the business address provided.
- A final warranty determination will be made by the On-Site Service technician:
- In-warranty repairs will be performed at no charge.
- Out-of-warranty repairs will include the charge for labor, parts, shipping (if applicable) and applicable taxes.
The cost of repairs deemed to be outside the Panasonic 3-Year Limited Standard Warranty will be the responsibility of the customer. In the event out-of-warranty repairs are required, the customer will be given an estimate of the cost involved and will be asked to approve payment prior to the start of the repair.
On-site Service Pricing InformationThis service can only be purchased as part of the original
Toughbook/Toughpad computer sale.
|3-year plan||CF-SVCLTOSUS3Y||$175 per unit|
|4-year plan||CF-SVCLTOSUS4Y||$425 per unit|
|5-year plan||CF-SVCLTOSUS5Y||$625 per unit|