A/V CONSULTING SERVICES
Panasonic has significant expertise in identifying the tangible and intangible business benefits a sports team, stadium, arena, or other entertainment facilities can achieve through A/V technology and services, and mapping out the steps for an organization to offer a fan experience that benefits all stakeholders. As the sports, entertainment, hospitality, gaming, and amusements industries continue to meld together, team and venue owners are seeking new ways to increase visits and use of services by their fans and customers. Panasonic can help you plan and deliver an in-venue experience that keeps fans entertained beyond just the level of play, and generates an attractive financial return.
As LED technology improved, the "bigger is better" ethos took hold. LED screens and square footage expanded dramatically, and screen resolution also improved. The sports industry did this to "keep up with the Joneses" while improving the fan experience, and teams varied in their approach to Return on Investment (ROI). In many markets LED square footage and pixel counts will increase much more slowly and it will take more than a big scoreboard to differentiate a facility. The landscape for future A/V investments will be driven by how well different providers and stakeholders - installers, service providers, teams, venue owners, sponsors, etc. - develop and execute a strategy for delivering an overall product that gets fans excited and keeps them coming back.
A Panasonic consulting team can help you devise your A/V strategy by understanding the situation of each client:
- Financial objectives and constraints
- Sponsorship, brand, and marketing goals and hurdles
- Experience desired by the most valuable segments of your fan base
- Structural and technical architecture limitations and capabilities
- Engineering, design, and architecture direction and influences
- Technology changes involving large screen video technology, suite and concourse products and solutions (including concessions, security, etc.), and content capabilities
- Operational changes necessary for successful strategy execution
Many times, the most valuable path forward may simply be upgrades and changes to creative content or simple control room adjustments, rather than a multi-million dollar project!
Media and companies also face challenges as they look to capitalize on the growth of Digital Out of Home (DOOH) advertising, which includes LED billboards, city signage districts including digital "spectaculars", marquees for stadiums, convention centers, and high-traffic buildings, event-based signage (flexible, modular design for temporary installation or rentals). In addition to LED, digital out of home advertising may also include larger networks of smaller TV-size displays, or multi-function kiosks. DOOH signage is growing rapidly, but a substantial timeframe is typically necessary to identify a site, navigate the zoning and leasing process with a city and/or landlords, and plan technology investments, all while keeping an eye on competitors and customers in your market. Technology investments are not limited to choosing the sign size and resolution; media companies also need to consider:
- Product attributes that impact viewing angles, brightness, reliability with near-24/7 uptime requirements, visual quantity, video capabilities, etc.
- Structural factors such as sign weight, access for service, construction requirements, and overall design.
- Content management, development, and delivery, from advertisers and their agencies to a specific, with the ability to update as often as needed by customers, or even dynamically (interest rates, sports scores, etc.) Rent vs. buy scenarios, and alliance/partnership plans to achieve objectives without capital expenditures and asset ownership.
- The overall mix of OOH advertising to maximize a digital sign's CPM value.
- Revenue planning and forecasting based on changing market environments, competitive factors, and new advertising services. (A revenue plan is also needed for project financing.)
Panasonic has developed the expertise and relationships to help media companies assess their technology and financial options; help them evaluate, choose, and implement a strategy that meets their goals; and deliver on all critical strategy elements. In addition, once a media customer chooses Panasonic as the construction and installation partner for a DOOH sign or network of signs, Panasonic can assist with the financing effort.