Memory Card Recorder | AJ-PD500
The AJ-PD500 is the first P2 HD recorder with native AVC-ULTRA recording; built-in microP2 card slots; and the ability to record in full-resolution; 10-bit 1080/60p (in AVC-Intra100). With Its range of format choices (including AVC-LongG and AVC-Proxy as standard; and AVC-Intra200 and AVCHD playback as options); variety of professional I/Os and multi-control JOG/SHTL/MENU dial operation; the PD500 is ideal for house of worship; production; post-production; long-form documentaries; live event systems; satellite facilities; reality television; news trucks; and as a redundant playback/record device in news facilities.
Panasonic's AVC-ULTRA offers master-quality and/or low-bit-rate 10-bit; 4:2:2 recording in full raster HD to meet a variety of user needs from mastering to transmission. Addressing the need for high-speed file exchange; its high-resolution AVC-Proxy encodes in parallel with higher bandwidth production formats; enabling fast; efficient offline editing; at bit-rates from 3.5 megabits down to 800 kilobits per second. The AVC-Proxy files and network function make it possible to configure a workflow for previewing images; editing metadata; and manipulating/sharing content over networks.
The PD500 offers a choice of AVC-LongG quality levels; including AVC-LongG50 and AVC-LongG25. Designed for applications where file size is critical; these 10-bit; 4:2:2 sampled codecs record in a much smaller file size; saving storage cost and transfer times over MPEG-2 while maintaining equal or better video quality. In the near future; lower bitrate AVC-LongG12* will be made available.
The PD500 offers optional AVC-Intra200** recording; which at twice the bit rate per frame of AVC-Intra100 is visually lossless; delivering a master quality codec in an affordable; file-based camera. The AVC-Intra200 option will yield a cost-effective approach to network-level program acquisition; film-outs and higher levels of color correction In addition to AVC-LongG and AVC-Intra100/50; the PD500 offers standard recording in DVCPRO HD; DVCPRO50; DVCPRO and DV.
The rugged; half-rack designed recorder has two microP2 slots and two standard P2 card slots; as well as an SD card slot for proxy/metadata recording. MicroP2 cards offer a faster transfer speed; smaller size (SD card size) and are lower cost compared to a P2 card.
The PD500's SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host interface permits super-fast transfer rates of up to 2Gbps. This allows users to easily transfer ontent to low-cost hard disk drives or solid-state drives for a fast and safe deliverable to clients. When attached to a computer; the USB evice mode allows the PD500 to become a two-card microP2 or P2 drive. In addition; users can connect a hard drive to the PD500; allowing the preview of non-real-time content. This functionality allows for the confirmation of content copied to a drive; and for the reviewing of previously-shot content on a drive.
Other key features include:
- Native 1080/24PsF input/output.
- 3G-SDI for 1080/60 input/output.
- HD-SDI input allows recording of full resolution; 10-bit quality content from a wide range of Panasonic and non-Panasonic cameras as well s the ability to back up data onto external hard disk drives.
- HDMI output enables the transmission of uncompressed digital data to an array of consumer playback devices (video projectors; digital televisions).
- High-quality 24-bit audio recorded in AVC-Intra and AVC-LongG is supported.
- Plays HD/SD content automatically (no need to change settings) and is internationally operable in 50Hz or 60Hz.
- A Gbit Ethernet LAN terminal; FTP client function; and FTP/Samba server function for file transfers over a LAN or the internet. An HTTP erver function can also be accessed from a web browser to provide the following solutions: Proxy Preview; Metadata Editing and Playlist Editing.
- 12V battery DC or AC operation and light and easy to transport at 8 pounds.
- 3.5-inch; 16:9 LCD screen; manage clip files and metadata.
- RS-422A control; thereby allowing it to be controlled as a video source by nonlinear editing systems and color correction systems.
- Equipped with a headphone jack and speaker; timecode in/out and a reference sync input.
- Optional AJ-YCX500G encoder board provides playback of AVCHD content.
Additional valuable features include up/down/cross conversion; a USB keyboard connection for easy metadata input; waveform and vectorscope display functions; and a selection from among various functions for allocation to six user buttons.
* Available in March 2014
** Option available in 2014